top of page

Have you Heard of this new PNP for Students?

Up until April of this year, International students who graduated from multiple schools, and who studied one in 19 identified occupations, in New Brunswick were not eligible for Post-Graduate Work Permit.

It was announced that international students who have graduated from one of the eligible private career colleges in New Brunswick and have studied one of 19 occupations will be able to apply to the provincial pilot program starting April 1, 2022, so that they can live and work in the province while they wait for permanent residency!

We had not received word about the requirements, until now...

Participation is limited to private career colleges that:

• hold a Designated Learning Institution designation for at least five years;

• are registered with the province of New Brunswick;

• are compliant with relevant Acts and Regulations;

• offer eligible programs of study in targeted priority sectors;

• have operated continuously in New Brunswick for more than eight years, with majority support or ownership interests held by Canadian citizens, or permanent residents;

• do not have any direct affiliation with immigration consulting firms

• have not changed ownership, either partially or completely, between the announcement of the program (August 2021) and the conclusion of the pilot.

• provide multidisciplinary education programs (i.e. not limited to training for a specific occupation).

Eligible colleges include Eastern College and Oulton College


You must meet the minimum eligibility requirements for:

Age: 19-55

Language: You have obtained a minimum score of a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5

for English or Niveaux de compétence Linguistique canadiens (NCLC) 5 for French in all four language abilities (reading, writing, listening, and speaking).

Education: A 10-month or longer priority occupation program from a New Brunswick private career college is required.

and pass the selection factors to be considered for the Private Career College Graduate Pilot.

Eligibility requirements must be met at the time of registration, application, nomination, and post-nomination. Keep in mind that meeting all eligibility requirements does not guarantee that you will be nominated.

Intent to Reside

To demonstrate your intent, you may be asked to demonstrate your attachment to New Brunswick, which may include:

  • Description of actions you have taken to permanently settle in New Brunswick

  • Current employment in New Brunswick

  • Ability to support yourself in New Brunswick

  • Completion of studies from a post-secondary institution in New Brunswick

  • Personal and professional ties in New Brunswick

Offer of Employment

You have 90 days after graduation to secure in-province, full-time employment in an identified priority occupation related to your field of study.

The offer of employment can't be from a company where you or your spouse/common-law partner is the majority owner.

Competitive Wage

The wage you have been offered must be competitive with the New Brunswick wage rate for the occupation. The wage stated on your employment offer must:

  • Show a comparable wage rate to those of a similar level in that job role in New Brunswick

  • Be consistent with the wage compensation structure of your employer.

Bonuses, commissions, tips, or similar payments will not be considered to be part of your wage.

Isn't This Great News?

Provinces continue to open new doorways for international students who are looking to stay in Canada permanently!

For graduating students who are eligible, the first step is to create an expression of interest through the "Immigration New Brunswick" portal. From there, you will receive an invitation to apply and an application must be submitted through the Immigration New Brunswick portal.

If you receive a nomination, you will receive a work permit support letter (for a T13 work permit). This letter will permit you to apply for a work permit from the federal government without the need for an LMIA!

You will need to submit the work permit (T13) application, along with your PR application to IRCC.

If IRCC approves your PR application, you will be issued a PR visa which will enable you to become a permanent resident of Canada!

Do you have questions about this program? Book our Ask Infoplace Consultation!


bottom of page